Insert your partner credentials:
Objetive: Adapt4EE aims at augmenting the contemporary architectural envelope by incorporating business and occupancy related information thus providing a holistic approach to the planning, design and evaluation of energy performance of construction products at an early design phase and prior to their realization. The project also aims to deliver and validate a holistic energy performance framework that incorporates architectural metadata, environmental parameters, critical business models and treating occupants as the central reference point. The Adapt4EE framework, identifying and analysing occupancy behaviour (presence and movement) will align energy consumption points to all interrelated enterprise aspects (business processes, enterprise assets and utility state and operations).
Project Scope: Adapt4EE will develop an enhanced semantic enterprise data model that treats, learns and manages the enterprise environment as an intelligent agent, perceives environmental state using multi-type sensors and information modalities. The Adapt4EE Enterprise Model will incorporate business processes and occupancy data. It will also constitute a formal model for enterprise energy performance measuring, monitoring, simulation, prediction and optimization. The model will be calibrated during the training phase based on sensor data capture during operation and then applied and evaluated in real-life every day enterprise operations. More specifically the Adapt4EE Enterprise Models will allow for the proactive identification of optimum local adaptations of enterprise utility operations, based on predictions of possible occupancy patterns and respective business operations and energy profiles.
Adapt4EE will provide a set of Open Business Reference Models as well as respective methods and tools for modelling and simulating the real life operations of construction products, thus allowing for more accurate and realistic evaluation of the energy impact of alternative design and planning decisions. In order for the Adapt4EE vision to be realized and in the view of combining the advantages of the worlds of Building Information Modelling and Business Process Modelling treating occupants as the central point of reference as well as the catalyst of this fusion, several prerequisites are set in the form of intermediate or main Scientific and Technological objectives. The overall project success will be defined by the efficiency and effectiveness of the appropriate synthesis as well as the individual quality of these specific achievements. Therefore we can establish seven main actions in this project:
– Establishment a Hybrid Enterprise Modelling Approach combining different modelling methods;
– Design and Develop innovative algorithms and techniques to automatically extracting Occupancy Patterns;
– Development and evaluation of an Multi-Agent Based Holistic Modelling and Simulation Framework (methods, algorithms and tools);
– Establish an Integrated Enterprise Energy Performance Model that extends current Energy Performance Models;
– Design and implementation of an Open Semantic Based Middleware for integrated Management of Multi-Sensorial Clouds;
– Deliver Innovative interface mechanisms for the detection of complex patterns of space occupancy and energy consumption;
– Design and implement an indicative multi-sensorial network, dynamically incorporating a large number of heterogeneous input sources to provide accurate monitoring data related with space occupancy, energy consumption, comfort levels and environmental quality.
Project Begin: 01/11/2011
Project End: 31/10/2014